Below you will find links to several of the resources most requested by parents and families of Tulane students.
- FERPA (Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act): The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, 20 U.S.C.§ 1232g, is a Federal law that protects the privacy of education records for eligible students. FERPA applies to all educational institutions that receive funds under the Department of Education. Find more details, FAQs and links to the release form here.
- Academic Planning: Academic Advising has everything from major checklists and the Incoming Students website to major exploration seminars and how your student can contact their academic adviser.
- Accessibility Services: We encourage you and your student to be in touch with the Goldman Center for Student Accessibility early and often, as needed. This office is the key to offering your student, with documented academic or physical disabilities, the accommodations needed to be successful at Tulane.
- Tutoring: The Academic Learning and Tutoring Center offers a variety of peer learning support programs for students who wish to become more strategic and independent learners. Their services include peer tutoring, an academic writing center, a math center, and a unique group learning experience called Supplemental Instruction for select courses. TASC also offers local tutor matching services, should your student wish to work with a private tutor. Find more information on how to access ALTC services here.
- Library: This online Parents' Guide to Library Services and Spaces is for parents who want to learn more about how the libraries support Tulane students.
- Accounts Receivable: For all questions related to billing, view the student bill, make a payment, forms related to financial information or see the upcoming payment deadlines.
- Financial Aid: This site has a wealth of information on scholarship criteria, deadlines, what to expect with disbursement of aid, and information for students to contact their assigned financial aid counselor.
- Splash Card: Go here to make deposits to the debit function on your student’s Splash card.
- Bookstore: Everything from e-books to textbook rentals and beyond.
- Campus Health: Resources for immunization records, student health insurance, the services available at The Health Center on campus, and mental health services. Use this "Especially for Parents, Guardians and Families" link.
- COVID-19: For details on policies, health protocols, resources, and the university’s response, visit tulane.edu/covid-19.
- Fraternity and Sorority Programs: Find information for parents, including details about recruitment and intake processes, on this website.
- Dining Services: Learn about dining plan options; support for students with dietary restrictions and food allergies; and the annual Recipes From Home contest. Parents may also subscribe to the Tulane Dining Parents Newsletter or use our Feedback from Parents online form.
- Housing & Residence Life: Find everything you need to know about the residential experience. From residential learning communities and building descriptions to rates and what to pack, this is your home for on campus housing information.
- Tulane University Police Department (TUPD): Find descriptions of TUPD's on-campus and perimeter patrols, resources like Rave Guardian, Safety Escorts and more. You can look up Crime Prevention information including the link to sign up for Crime Alerts and read the comprehensive "The Tulane University Police Department: A Unique Level of Policing" brochure.